Tuesday 8 January 2013

Bradbury Currier Whitaker Connecticut America

I'm hoping someone out there can help me with a part of my family tree in America! My great-great aunt, Eliza Whitaker was born in Sheffield, England, in 1870. She married John Henry Bradbury (1870-1919) and the couple emigrated to Connecticut in 1893. Whilst in Connecticut, they had two children, Gladys Bradbury, born around 1903, and Jessie Mae, born 19th October, 1904. (Jessie Mae Bradbury married Edward Albert Currier) John Henry Bradbury died in Connecticut in 1919. Eliza, I understand, lived in Woodland Drive, Hartford, Connecticut, United States, where, I'm assuming, the following pictures of her were taken.

 

Eliza sent the pictures above to a member of her (and my) family, back in her homet own of Sheffield, UK.

Here is another picture of Eliza with her granddaughter, and also an image of the reverse side of the photo on which Eliza wrote:
''this is Kay(?) and me Gladys girl'', and added the date ''July 25''.
Eliza Bradbury nee Whitaker died in 1965 in Connecticut, aged around 94, so I'm assuming that this picture was taken maybe 1950s 1960s?



This is another picture sent back home by Eliza, maybe it's one of her granddaughters, but there are no further clues on this one! Does she resemble the child in the bottom photograph...


The next photo belongs to my mother. She tells me that she used to exchange letters with this girl, perhaps in the era just after the Second World War. Mother recalls her name as being something like Kathleen/Katherine Nulty/McNulty, and she must have been born around 1932. The girl was connected to Eliza's family in the USA.
The girl sent mother this picture, on the back of which she wrote simply: 'This is me''.


Could it be that all three pictures are of the same girl - Gladys Bradbury's daughter?

I would love to hear from anyone who knows more about this family...who Gladys Bradbury married, and the name/s of the children she had.

Comments welcome below or you can email skegnessuk@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment